The Village Goldsmith’s purpose is to help our clients to capture stories and craft memories through exceptional jewellery that will be treasured for generations. We stand behind the quality and craftsmanship of our products and The Village Goldsmith, Ltd. warrants that all items will be free from defects in materials and craftsmanship for a period of 5 years from the date of purchase. If you believe there is a manufacturing defect in a piece of The Village Goldsmith jewellery, you should contact us immediately to arrange a return for inspection by either The Village Goldsmith or an authorised jeweller. If, after our assessment of the jewellery, we determine your purchased jewellery is damaged as a result of a manufacturing or materials defect, we will repair the product, or, if appropriate; replace it. If the product is no longer available, at our discretion, we may offer a replacement that matches the original as closely as possible, or, offer a store credit equal to the original purchase price. This warranty is not available if the jewellery has been altered by a third party or a jeweller other than The Village Goldsmith. Please note that minor irregularities and variations in craftsmanship that are considered part of the nature of a bespoke item are not considered defects. Natural characteristics or internal inclusions that are visible or invisible in all gemstones are also not considered defects.
Wear and tear damage is not included in this warranty and The Village Goldsmith, Ltd. reserves the right to assess the extent of any damage.
We want our clients to love their Village Goldsmith jewellery. We offer clients who purchased in store an exchange or store credit if the piece is returned within 14 days of purchase. As online clients are unable to try a piece on, we offer refunds, exchanges or store credit on online purchases if returned within 14 days of receipt. All returns must be in original, unworn condition with tags intact and returned with all of their original packaging and documentation. Custom, engraved and sale items are not eligible for return. Please see additional conditions on our returns and refunds page. Please contact us to initiate return or with any questions.
60 Day Resizing Policy
Clients must retain The Village Goldsmith, Ltd Certificate of Craftsmanship for Bespoke Custom jewellery. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure annual check-ups are being arranged with The Village Goldsmith or a jeweller authorised by The Village Goldsmith.
- The item has not been assessed for annual checking and cleaning by The Village Goldsmith or jewellers authorised by The Village Goldsmith.
- General wear and tear or damage through misuse, neglect or accident.
- Used for purpose of which the product was neither sold nor designed for.
- Discolouration of precious metals caused by: chemicals, excessive heat, make-up, atmospheric conditions, or environmental factors outside of The Village Goldsmith’s control.
- Immersions in pools, baths or hot-tubs.
- The loss of a gemstone if signs of wear and tear are evident.
- Product loss or theft.
- Repair or service performed by a jeweller other than The Village Goldsmith or its authorised jewellers will void the warranty.