- To request an estimate online, complete our online form and upload photos of your jewellery on a kitchen scale or similar weighing device. Please also Include any details and documentation of your jewellery. We will email you through a price estimate for the trade-in value of your items.
- Once you have approved your quoted estimate, we will send you a free pre-labelled courier bag to send your jewellery to us. The parcel is covered by our insurance for up to $20,000. The opening of your parcel at our store will be photographed and documented upon arrival.
- Once your jewellery has arrived, we will assess and weigh your jewellery, take images of your goods and examine them for any stamps and hallmarks. We will then email you an updated itemised quote the same day.
- Once you have approved your final quote by email, we will schedule a payment directly into your bank account. We schedule these payments daily on weekdays at 2.30pm. You will receive an email confirmation of payment once it has been loaded. Should you choose not to trade in your jewellery we will courier your items back to you at no charge.
- We provide a private, confidential and comfortable environment to trade and sell your jewellery. Contact us via email, phone us on 04 473 5253 or complete the form below to arrange an appointment in our Wellington showroom.
- During your consultation we will assess and weigh your jewellery, take images of your goods and examine for any stamps and hallmarks. We will provide you with a valuation and payout quote during this consultation. We do require legal photo identification, your address and contact details. You will be provided a copy of the breakdown of your trade.
- Once you have approved your final quote, we will schedule your payment directly into your bank account. We schedule these payments daily on weekdays at 2.30pm. You will receive an email confirmation of payment once it has been loaded.
* You must be 18 and over to sell to The Village Goldsmith. You need to provide one form of Government issued Photo ID. For example, a valid Driver’s License, a Firearms License, an 18+ Card or a valid Passport. Jewellery made by Michael Hill Jeweller will not be considered for purchase. This service is only available to customers residing in New Zealand.