At the Village Goldsmith, we are a friendly and diverse team of dedicated individuals driven by a passion for innovation, quality and exceptional client service. While most of our team is based at our Wellington showroom, design studio and workshop - our projects span the globe. With groundbreaking international design and manufacturing projects with the world's premier diamond and fine jewellery companies, we are constantly looking for new ways to inspire and delight our clients.
If you don’t see an open role listed on this page, you can still register your interest in joining our team.
Now Hiring - Jewellery Sales Consultant
We are looking for an exceptional and experienced sales consultant to join us and work closely with our customers through our unique process of crafting their bespoke piece of jewellery. You will listen to their stories and help them find the perfect piece of jewellery for them. Or work with our wider team to translate these stories into ideas and sketches which will then be crafted into a piece of exquisite jewellery with genuine meaning. You will assist in the project management of the job from the first consultation through to the final presentation of the piece.
This role is 32 hours a week, on a Monday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
You love sales and you love customers! You enjoy working in a team to ensure the best results. You are a naturally curious person and a problem solver, knowing just the right questions to ask so that our customers leave the store delighted with their purchase, feeling inspired and cared for every step of the way. You love jewellery!
- Possess creativity that enables our customers to visualise their pieces. This may be through initial design sketches created by you or the wider team, or through demonstrating our jewellery in-store and inspiring our customers!
- Have a warm and engaging communication style that makes the customers feel listened to and understood
- Have an energetic and motivated personality
- Be experienced in or have a quick learning ability with digital tools such as project workflow software, social media, and email
- Be comfortable with managing the administration of projects, both simple and complex
- Have the ability to think on your feet
- Possess a passion for learning about the jewellery industry to ensure you are able to answer customers' questions and ensure they feel well-informed about the pieces they are purchasing.
- Have a team player attitude – no task is too small for you!
If you believe you might be the rare gem we've been searching for to join the team, please apply to email@example.com with your CV and a cover letter explaining in 100 words or less "If I was a piece of jewellery, what would I be and why?"
Shortlisting will begin in mid-January of 2024. We look forward to hearing from you!
Expressions of Interest
Our team is continually growing and we are always on the lookout for new talent. To register your interest please fill in the form to sign up to our careers database to hear about new job opportunities.