We have spent nearly 50 years developing strong relationships with our diamond, gemstone and precious metal supplier partners. This direct relationship allows us to offer excellent quality, value and gives you full transparency around where the materials in your piece are coming from.
Diamonds and Gemstones
- At The Village Goldsmith we're committed to providing diamonds of the highest quality which are all certified as ethically sourced. We're proud to say that we deal directly with reputable global diamond suppliers who actually cut and polish their diamonds from rough. Our trusted suppliers all have strict adherence to the Kimberley Process and guarantee that their diamonds are ethically mined and traded in the most honest, transparent and straightforward manner possible.
- Every diamond is chosen for maximum sparkle. We provide most diamonds and diamond rings with certificates from the world’s most reliable and reputable diamond institutions - including the Gemological Institute of America (GIA).
- We have a wide range of diamonds and coloured gemstones in our inventory which we source directly from the same trusted suppliers. So even if you need it right away, we may already have the perfect diamond or gemstone for you, ready to create your dream ring with.
Learn more about our ethical diamond sourcing standards and practices.
- The precious metal refiners we source our materials from have gone to great lengths to secure the origin of their precious metal sources, along with their refining processes. All of these suppliers are either a member of the Responsible Jewellery Council (RJC) themselves or ensure all metal sourced is from an accredited organisation that is either a member of RJC or the London Bullion Market Association (LBMA).
- In our workshop, after every piece we craft, we collect all the precious metal dust and filings from the jeweller's benches to be refined back to a pure state and used again. This is just one of the ways we involve recycling in our processes to make them more sustainable.
Learn more about our ethical precious metals sourcing standards and practices.